Thursday, March 29, 2007

About Bread (maybe)

Sunshine from southern windows
invades my efficient (read tiny)
red kitchen

I feel the heat
rise in my body
as I press and push
this warm yeasty mound
around
the floury surface

Knead more
he said
for a better loaf
and it is for him
I make the effort
the man who grew up
with only the homebaked stuff
no quick rise
instant yeast
for his sister
the "conscripted mother"

Sunny days and
warm kitchens
work best for
yielding brown
rounded rooftops
of homebaked brilliance

And I dream
envision
another kitchen
sunfilled
shared
with another man
and think
of all the goodness
that awaits
for him
for me

Because I really
meant it
that Sunday night
on his couch
when I whispered
It gives me
great pleasure
to please you
in every way

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am starved for more....please write.

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home