Friday, February 29, 2008

With You

Every day
there are new ways
to miss you

In your absence
I see again
all the quiet
special
softlysweet
things
you do

An oasis song
composed by your love
cuddled close
only to enjoy a moment of
reciprocal proximity

But now 
all I have 
is
your voice
accessible at the end
of the day
at the end
of the line

A daily ritual
my last call
as pleasurable
as my first 
morning sip
hot and creamy
sweet and dark
not necessary
but oh,
what indulgence
as I slide into 
my day

All is well
taken care of
in order
for right now

But as I lay down
after
single in my double
I plot and plan
my mind lays out
endless
permutations and
computations
of how this will end
or rather
begin

more and more
I want to begin
with you
I am ready 
to end
with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home