Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do I sound bitter?

What will become of him
now
I've failed to make him

love me enough

My demands too great

so I must grieve

and suffer loss


The universe conspires
and tells me

I want for too much

I should see that
half a loaf is better

than no loaf at all


And I'm fairly confident

he'll find someone

who considers him

an incredible windfall


Perhaps - the
filipino caregiver

I saw the t-shirt
worn with tongue

firmly planted in cheek

but it said

"Gold digger"

didn't it?


He'll be pleased

that not too much

is asked of him

besides his ability

to provide

come home

not stray


easy things for him

a passionless existence

getting what he paid for
iron clad guarantee
and all

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanity said...

Brilliant...

11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home