Monday, March 09, 2009

Sunstroke

Deep aquamarine blue
fades
imperceptibly into turquoise green
and then pops
into a patch
of my favourite green
seafoam I believe it's called
like a paint chip
(as if Benjamin or Shermin or Ralph thought of this colour combo first)

And I'm wowed by
how well God can pull it all together
rumbling white for an accent
wave over wave
it goes on and on

Outcropping of
Shells
simple in their exquisite 
disintegration
broken and still
content
becoming less
and more

Myself defeating
Self
wonders - who else?
what authors, poets?
famous and infamous
have thought those thoughts
penned those words
awe struck by creation

Doesn't matter
the new proclaimer asserts
my words
my thoughts
may be less
but infinitely more
washed upon the shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home